TITLE: Director, Grants Management and Financial Analysis
CLASSIFICATION: Director I
WAGE CATEGORY: Exempt
REPORTS TO: Cheif Financial Officer
LOCATION: Washington, DC HDQ
Apply Here: https://americanrivers.bamboohr.com/jobs/view.php?id=74
ABOUT AMERICAN RIVERS
American Rivers believes that a future of clean water and healthy rivers for everyone, everywhere is essential. Since 1973, we have protected wild rivers, restored damaged rivers and conserved clean water for people and nature. With headquarters in Washington, D.C., and 300,000 members, supporters and volunteers across the country, we are one of the most trusted and influential river conservation organization in the United States, delivering solutions for a better future. Because life needs rivers. For more information, please visit www.americanrivers.org.
At American Rivers, we embrace and celebrate diversity, equity, and inclusion in all that we do. Rivers Connect Us is more than just our tagline. The beauty of rivers is that they connect all people and communities. We seek to build and embody this diversity in our organization and throughout the conservation field. The life experiences, knowledge, innovation, and talent that each individual brings to our work provides perspectives and competencies which are critical to our effectiveness in protecting wild rivers, restoring damaged rivers, and conserving clean water for people and nature.
The Director, Grants Management and Financial Analysis is responsible for monitoring, supporting and ensuring effective life cycle administration, grant budget management, and compliance for grants from foundations, federal and state agencies and other non-profit organizations. Responsibilities include ensuring sound fiscal management and reporting to foundations, federal and state agencies and other non-profits; coordinating with program managers to ensure compliance with the terms and conditions of grant and contract agreements as well as the organization’s accounting policies and procedures; and assisting program staff in monitoring sub-recipient awards. The Director, Grants Management and Financial Analysis will also work closely with program staff on grant budget preparation, establish cost tracking methodologies to ensure that costs are necessary and reasonable and are treated consistently per all contract provisions, GAAP, OMB circulars and best practices, and ensure that reimbursable costs are invoiced and collected timely.
EXPERIENCE, COMPETENCIES, AND EDUCATION:
• Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, or business
• Minimum 5 to 7 years relevant experience including management of federal grants, sub-grants, and A-133 audits
• Knowledge of GAAP, Uniform Guidance 2 CFR 200, indirect cost rate development, and other federal grant regulations
• Expertise with Microsoft Office applications
• Experience with accounting software, Abila preferred
• Must be detail-oriented and able to manage multiple projects with aggressive timelines; ability to manipulate, analyze and interpret data
• Ability to work with a range of personalities and working styles of staff at all levels within the organization
• Team player and demonstrated ability to work effectively with colleagues to advance an organization’s broader goals and meet deadlines.
• High energy level, self-motivated, and able to work both independently and as part of a geographically dispersed team.
• Ability to exercise discretion and maintain confidences
The pay range for a Director is $80,000 to $100,000, depending on qualifications and experience. American Rivers offers full-time employees a generous benefits package that includes health, dental and life insurance; four weeks of paid vacation plus paid holidays; paid sabbaticals every seven years; and a 3% retirement match.